Formal University Study
While all universities in Ecuador can theoretically admit foreign students, most have onerous entry requirements and will not admit students for just a semester or two. Two universities -- Universidad San Francisco and Catholic University -- stand out for extending a welcome to foreign students, who can choose to study for a semester or even complete a full Bachiler's or Master's degree. Be sure to inquire about enrollment (matricula) costs which are usually above and beyond normal tuition. Obtain a student visa, if needed, 'before you enter Ecuador to study.
- Catholic University of Ecuador
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Universidad Israel
- Universidad Politécnica Nacional
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad Politécnica del Ejército(ESPE)