Queen Street Bus terminal, Lavender Street Bus terminal, and Golden Mile Complex are the departure points for coaches travelling from Singapore to Malaysia. All of them are located close to central Singapore.
Golden Mile Complex
The Golden Mile Complex, also informally known as Golden Mile Centre, is the major pick-up point for long-distance bus or coach trips to Malaysia.
It is located at Beach Road, Kallang, near a strip of land called Golden Mile in Singapore. Golden Mile Food Centre is opposite and you can walk there via the overhead bridge in 5-7 minutes. The nearest MRT station is Lavendar, which is a bit away and thus we recommend to take a taxi.
Grassland Express, Kwang Chow Travel and StarMart Express Air Asia Liners are coach agencies at Golden Mile Complex in Singapore.
These company mainly travel to Kuala Lumpur (average $30 trip), Malacca ($50), Penang ($45) and Ipoh ($40). The prices are competitive, and you should check several companies first before purchasing your ticket.
Lavender Street Bus Terminal
At the Lavender Street Bus Terminal, you can take a coach with bus companies Delima Express, Malacca Singapore-Express and Transnasional Express to get to Malacca, Kuala Lumpur and Terengganu in Malaysia.
It is located at the Little India district with the Lavender Food Square a 5-minute walk away. The nearest MRT station is Lavendar, from where you can walk easily.
- Delima Express: Singapore-Malacca ($20.80; 5 hours; departs at 8:30am, 10:30am, 2:30pm, 6pm, 6:45 pm (Fri only))
- Malacca Singapore Express: Singapore-Malacca ($11; 5 hours; departs at 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm)
- Transnasional Express: Singapore-Kuala Lumpur ($35;9 hours; departs at9am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 3pm, 6.30pm, 7pm, 7:30pm (Fri only))
- Transnasional Express: Singapore-Terengganu ($35.90; 10 hours; departs at 9.00am, 12.00pm, 3.00pm, 9.45pm)
Queen Street Bus Terminal
Queen Street Bus Terminal is a bus terminal in Singapore with three bus services that takes you to Johor Bahru in Malaysia.
- Singapore-Johor Express Services ($2.40; every 15 minutes; departs at 6.30 am – 12am)
- Causeway Link Express (CW2) ($2.40; every 10 minutes; departs at 6 am – 11.45 pm)
- SBS Bus Transit 170, ($2.10; every 12 minutes; departs at 5.20 am to 12.10 am)
All buses will take you across the Causeway to Larkin Bus and Taxi Terminal in Johor Bahru in 1 hour or more if the checkpoint is busy.
Queen Street bus terminal is located in Bugis, beside Victoria Street Wholesale Centre and behind Church of Our Lady of Lourdes. The nearest MRT station is Bugis, from where you can walk a few hundred meters.
Getting to the Bus Terminals
While all these Singapore bus terminals are located close to the central area, getting to them via bus or walking may be challenging if you are unfamiliar with the roads.
The easiest way to get to the terminals is to take the train to the nearest MRT station, and take a cab from there - especially for Golden Mile. Taxis should not cost more than $6 for the short ride.